Shots From Across the Pond: Jamie Reviews Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag

Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag



So today I set sail and review my favourite game of late 2013, and despite being labelled as the forth game, it's actually the sixth major installment.

So from what I've read up about previous Assassins Creed games, is that the modern day stuff isn't a fan favourite. But those fans are in luck, the modern stuff is quite limited, and also lacking on any action, which isn't the same for the main story.

Set during the golden age of the pirate's, our protagonist, Edward Kenway's adventure takes us out into open sea, with creature's to hunt, ships to sink and Templars to assassinate, I never found myself without something to do. Now if you enjoy collectable's in every corner of a huge open world map, you'll find yourself in luck.

But if you want to make a name for yourself and have a ship that stands up to that name, you might have to plunder more than a few ships, before you can stand up to the 4 Legendary ships, but that's all part of the fun.

Now let us dock our ships and take a step onto dry land, and into the story. Our story involves up once again dealing with those pesky Templars, a mysterious Sage and the search for a place called the Observatory, all of which takes place over quite a few years, so nothing feels like its happening to fast.

I could write a whole review just on the Multiplayer, so I'll briefly touch on it here, I've enjoyed what I've done so far, the leaving up doesn't take too long, there's quite a bit to choose and customize, which is always good, and I haven't yet found a game mode I didn't like.

So from everything I've wrote I can't think of much more to say.

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag 

gets 5 out of 5 stars.

Labels: , , , , ,